Chris "Hollywood" Templo is on a quest for knowledge. He is in search of the final level. What some call... The Glow. Follow along as Hollywood blogs about his travels and comment freely. More to come...

Views: 1443

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HOLLYWOOD IS HOME!!!

My cholo style beach cruiser which took me up and down Santa Monica and Venice Beach.

Flexing in front of Muscle Beach:
hahaha...

And right next to Muscle beach was the basketball courts that White Men Can't Jump was filmed on

PANERA!!!!!!

Which apparently I had NO problem finishing...

I found some cool rings on the side of Santa Monica Beach and thought I'd give it a try. There was a girl doing it, and she made it look pretty easy... its not.
Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoKHM5gz5fU
while taking the "next exit" did the little speed bumps spell out some thing in brail?
Updates:
1) I miss Highway driving on the mainland. I maintained an average of 90mph everytime I was on the highway and that was AVERAGE! I was still being passed by people driving faster than me. Ughh... I miss that. No offense, but the majority of the people in Hawaii do not know how to drive!

2) I do not miss the road rage. People constantly honking their horns at each other, flicking each other off, etc.

3) I am finally at my final destination. AMERICAN TOP TEAM!!!! Tomorrow morning, the real training begins...
Well, I survived the first half of "day one" at ATT. Unfortunately ATT doesn't have wireless internet, so I am at the corner coffee shop using their free wi-fi. Also, I apologize, but I do not have any pictures yet. As soon as I pulled to to the building I saw Din Thomas outside. I got out of the car, shook his hand, and then he said...

"What's up kid!! Damn, has it been a year already?? You look in better shape than the last time I saw you. Now go grab your gi. We're sparring in 5 minute."

WTF?!? I haven't even been on the premises for 2 minutes and he's already got me on the mats! Well, I guess he wasn't kidding when he said... "From the time you arrive, till the time you leave... We're gonna kick your ass." haha...

Ughh, I love it.
Day One - Complete!
After lunch, we hit the mats again. We started out by free rolling and switching partners every 5 minutes (with a one minute break in between). After about an hour of this, we breaked from sparring and went into some details and instructional stuff. After we drilled.

A couple hours later, ATT had their BJJ Fundamentals class which lasted for about an hour, then their BJJ Submissions class directly after. To my surprise, tonight was also their "in-school tournament" night. I was placed in the 170lb and below category. There was maybe 9 or 10 people in that category. Everyone else was in higher weight classes (yea, ATT has some BIG boys!).

To make a long story short, I rolled with 5 guys total and beat all five on points.
I couldn't sub anybody. =(

On a side note, I caught somebody in an "electric chair" and when I started to stretch him out, he screamed, but didn't tap. He didn't look like he was going to tap either... so I let it go and just took the sweep. I didn't want to be the guy who shows up from out of town and hurts some kid with too much pride to tap.

Well, like I said... Day One is complete.
We left the gym around 11pm and it's now time to hit the sack. We start again first thing in the morning.
Day Two
I will go ahead and call today "No Mercy Day". Holy Crap...
So, first thing in the morning before breakfast, before anything... I had to strap on my running shoes and hit the pavement. After the morning run we met up at American Top Team for some circuit training and some no-gi rolling for a few hours.

After lunch, we took a two hour drive north to use another American Top Team facility and train with some of the other ATT guys. We did about an hour and half of Gi training, another hour of No-Gi/MMA training, then an hour and a half of Muay Thai training. This is redonkulous!

On a good note, my body is still holding up (barely), but then again, it's only day two.
Din said tomorrow is going to be an even MORE full day. Great...
hang in there and keep us posted. post more pics!
So I planned on updating this blog last night after training, but I could barely keep my eyes open long enough to text my girlfriend. I can't even begin to explain the work we are doing at these facilities. As soon as I step out of the ring, out of the cage, or off the mats, I am either eating or sleeping. This is crazy...

Also, I am really trying to take as many pics as possible, but this isn't the sort of thing where I can stop and say, "oh hey, can you take a picture of this?" So the best I can do for now is show you some pictures of the facilities:

I will really try to get some better pictures as time goes on. Today we are really going to focus on takedowns and "utilizing the cage". This should be fun...
Training, Training, Training... That's ALL WE DO!
Well, yesterday Din asked if I wanted the night off. He said I am running my self ragged and it wouldn't hurt to relax and go watch a few fights happening down south. My options were to stay at the gym and continue drilling with his 270lb brown belt, or go down south and sit ringside while he commentates the fights. So I went...

Din Thomas getting paid big bucks to stand in front of a camera and give his thoughts...

There were some DAMN good fights by the way... OMG these cats hit hard!!

There was even a female fight from some SUPER talented girls.
The one in the orange is a world champion muay thai fighter and also on some television show "GirlFights" or something...

And while Din was "hard at work" (hahaha... yea, right), I was hanging out with rap star Fat Joe, Miss Maxim USA, and the ring girls (Duh... What else are you supposed to do at these events??)

Also, Didn't I recently just watch this guy fight at Kanpai??
(yea, you can't mistaken that chin for ANYbody else...)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

10 DAY FREE TRIAL

Our Academy is certified to teach the Gracie Bullyproof®, Women Empowered®, Gracie Combatives®, & Master Cycle® programs as taught by Gracie University HQ.

FOLLOW US

NEW CLASSES! ENROLL NOW!

• Bullyproof ages 4-14 years old
  • Women Empowered (Women only)
  • Gracie Combatives Self-Defense ages 14 & up
  • Master Cycle ages 14 & up

BUSINESS HOURS | CLASS SCHEDULE 2023

CONTACT FOR CURRENT SCHEDULE

MONDAY

11:00am - 12:00pm Gracie Combatives

12:00pm - 1:30pm Master Cycle

4:00pm - 4:50pm Kid's Bullyproof (ages 4-7)

5:00pm - 5:50pm Kid's Bullyproof (ages 8-13)

6:00pm - 7:00pm Women Empowered Self-Defense

6:00pm - 7:00pm Gracie Combatives
7:00pm - 8:30pm Master Cycle

TUESDAY

11:00am - 12:00pm Gracie Combatives
12:00pm - 1:30pm Master Cycle (Old School)

6:00pm - 6:30pm Kid's Black Belt Club)

6:30pm - 7:30pm Gracie Combatives

7:30pm - 8:30pm Master Cycle (Old School)

WEDNESDAY

6:00pm - 7:00pm Women Empowered Self-Defense

THURSDAY

12:00pm - 1:30pm Master Cycle (Old School)

6:00pm - 6:30pm Kid's Black Belt Club)

6:30pm - 7:30pm Gracie Combatives (RDC)

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

10:00am - 10:50am Kid's Bullyproof (ages 4-7)

12:00pm - 1:00pm Master Cycle (Sparring)

SUNDAY

5:00pm - 6:00pm Master Cycle

LOCATION & CONTACT INFORMATION

RELSON GRACIE JIU-JITSU TEAM HK

1712 South King Street 2nd Floor

Honolulu, HI 96826

The entrance is located down the alley on the right side of the building. Please use the metal door to the left of the glass doors to enter.

We are located in Honolulu, Hawaii on the island of Oahu. We are just a 5 minute drive away from Waikiki, Kaimuki, Kahala, Kapahulu, Downtown & the University of Hawaii. 

Telephone: (808) 277-1128  Todd Tanaka

Email: todd@teamhk.net

© 2024   Created by Todd.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service